Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

So, the convention I went to this past June (over two months ago) was Eternal Con. It was a long and arduous process for me to think about what to cosplay as. Until, I re-watched Captain America, and I realized who I wanted to be: 1940's Captain America, "saving Bucky" edition.

I made most of the outfit. Especially the shield.

I bought my wig from Party City (don't knock it until you try it! Their wigs are amazing.)
I bought the helmet from Amazon, spray painted it blue.
I bought the goggles from Ebay, and slapped them onto the helmet.
I made the shirt (not totally pictured here), from a blue t-shirt from Michaels, and white and red felt. The pants, the utility belt were from my Kim Possible cosplay.
And I had left over fabric to make the spats and I also had left over faux-leather fabric for the parachute straps across my chest.

The process to make sure that I can fully wear the shield on my back was very very difficult. Until I found the best idea: buckles. Like the buckles you would use on your chin strap for your helmet. I was able to attach a buckle on my right shoulder and under my left hip that connected my shield to my back.

I also worked tirelessly on my best friend's red and white skirt so she can be my USO Show Girl. (shown below)
Our friend in the middle, made her Sailor Batman outfit in just 25 hours. She is very crafty.

But safe to say, we were very happy with our cosplay.

Onto the actual event.
We arrived there at 10 in the morning, with our tickets on our phones, our hands stamped and we were in. The venue itself was the Cradle of Aviation Museum in Garden City, which was a lovely size, if not just a tad small for my tastes. There were times around the booths that people would be banging into my shield. It was mostly a dealer's room/artists's alley, and I wasn't sure where the panels were at all. If there were any.
However, everyone that we had met (at the booths and other cosplayers) were all super sweet and nice and funny and very welcoming. It was great to have a small convention of just 7,000 attendees instead of the massive crowds over at New York Comic Con.
Now, onto the pictures!

Sailor Batman and Batman

The littlest Elsa!

Our lovely favorite: DEADPOOL.

Sailor Batman and Batgirl.

Captain America and Amora the Enchantress.

Both bats brooding.

Two Caps and USO Girl :)

Stony (Tony Stark and Captain America)

Found Natasha Romanoff (Black Widow)

And a lovely group of women with our Sailor Batman whom they loved her outfit! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment